Wednesday, March 11

HoLi DhAmAkkkA!!!


Certainly not one of my favorite festival, but yeah I love Holi. Not coz am a colourful person by nature, but coz this particular festival brings in lots of friends into the kitty.









The above picture was taken on Holi ofcourse, but this was my ‘Best Holi’. U can say that that was the perfect age to play holi…! I don’t really remember how we used to play when we were in kinder garden but yeah I do remember my school days holis. Me and my brother used to get up damn early to get ready… my mother used to shuffle the whole cupboard to get the oldest pairs of jeans n tees for us to play holi in n my dad used to be busy since early morning, checking the pichkari’s.. Oiling it n filling up the water balloons with ‘pakka colours’. My dad is crazy for Holi n he used to get colours n balloons worth more than 500 bucks for us… the best once always!


After the early preparations, we used to keep on peeping outside restlessly to see if our friends have come or not. Like a tradition on every holi we used to fight with mom that we will have breakfast after playing and each time she used to win over n we had to finish off the breakfast before stepping out of the home.. n like a tradition, the breakfast used to be puri chole… n gujiya ofcourse! After my mother’s victory on us, she used to attack dad with the same dialogs n threats n at-last like us, he too used to surrender n have his breakfast.. lolzz.. that is holi for my mom.. that’s it!


After we finished off with my mom’s style holi, we used to run out to play with our friends.. those days.. i.e. till I was in 8th class, me n bro used to have common friends. The pic is of my 8th class holi. My dad used to leave to play with his friends. We used to make small small gangs and its always some didi who will be guiding us what to do next… we used to attack each other with balloons n pichkari’s n stuff n there used to be lots of splashing n splashing n colouring.. we used to throw balloons at the passer by n what not!!! Whenever we feel tired, we used to sing or dance or just chit-chat.. but whatever, time always flew n before we realize, it would have been 2. we have this custom in our ground that everyone (elders) used to get some goodies from their house n used to sit in the ground in a circle n everyone will share the food. We children used to play in a corner n in regular intervals, each one of us used to go to get something to eat for all of us. There used to be lot of gujiyas, gulab jamun, chips, mung dal pakoda, roasted groundnut, petha, biscuits, barfi, namkeens, etc. etc. n ofcourse there used to be shikanji n bhang too… lolzz I never tried those things.


When I was in 9th, I kinda started shying off with this gang.. I mean I felt it quite childish to play with these kids n moreover playing with boys wasn’t so comfortable for me so I kindda started reducing the amount with the excuse of studies. I used to play with Kritika, my age group n we both started cutting off a little bit from the gang. I remember clearly, we both never used to talk the whole of the year but when holi wil be nearing, we used to behave like best of friends.. two inseparable soles.. for a stupid reason that we need a company to play holi. Gosh!! My mother used to make so much fun of that!!!


But this holi is different… yesterday my brother fell down while playing cricket and he injured his right hand. We took it lightly yesterday but today when he woke up, it was badly swollen.. so my mom dad have taken him to the hospital. Poor thing, all his friends are playing outside and am feeling very sorry for him. Till yesterday he was so excited.. we went shopping for gulal n he even got this new spray of some fume in pink colour…!! My block auntis n uncles n my friend ayushi n kritika have already coloured me.. but poor my brother…!! nyways no worries.. I guess he can use the same colours next year n am sure he will compensate for the loss next year.


Happy Holi to all of U :)

10 comments:

Adisha said...

Great to take the journey of all your holis with you :)

Wish you a Happy Holi !!! Hope you brother gets well soon.

Take care ...

Cheers,
adisha

Anonymous said...

I used to hate holi.. i liked watching others getting coloured.. but hated it wen anyone coloured me..[:)]

~ http://www.writeupcafe.com/

अभिन्न said...

its nice to come over ur blog.its beautiful its emotional.


************** happy holi to u
wish u that this festival of holi may bring every colour of happiness,joy,hope n comfort in ur life
ABHINN

Shekhar said...

A Nice memoir,can make u nostalgic.. :) ....& Yeah May ur brother gets well soon..

CRD said...

i really think ive missed out on having fun during holi. never liked the idea of colors being sprayed on me...and now i think im too old to play :P

hope ur bro is getting better.

Cheers
CRD

Rag said...

heyy!! nice one!!
happpy holi!!!!!
and a small correction.. its "Bucks" not bugs!!

Anonymous said...

Wow holi sounds like fun sadly we dont have this sort of fun in the UK.

http://cutestangel.wordpress.com/

Shruti Narayanan said...

Thanks everyone :)

my bro is better now. it isn't a fracture n docs says he wil b alright in 15 days.

@ RAG - Thanks for that.. I edited.

neha said...

well...sorry i got a lil late in commenting for this one...holi isnt my fav either..bt its nice to kno ur father is so enthusiastic, pretty unusual! and ur mom's holi is fantastic! very amazing pics...gr8 going miss blogger!

Unknown said...

yes the same thing we used to do .me and my brother sister used to wake up early to prepare for holi celebrations.i just love holi.i agree with u that in teen age i used to hate playing with kids but i enjoy a lot with my brother and sister.then one day i came to lodi colony,where everyone is stranger.we came to our new home near holi.our first holi in new home.i went to shruti home and we had a blast there.i took her to my home.obviously she was our bakra.sara colors sara pani shruti par dal diya humne.hee hee.
now for the blog:yaar when i was reading this ,it was like that i am watching a movie .everything was looking like its happening in reality.