Saturday, March 21

25 Things abt me......


Tagged yet again! This time by sorcerer “http://evilsfury.blogspot.com"


Well the tag asks me to write 25 things about myself… with my level best to justify the tag, here I begin


# 1 .The Introduction - 10 days after my birth on 27th August 1988, I was named Sukanya (A Sanskrit word, meaning Good girl) on my naming ceremony by my mother coz my dad needed more days to come up with a good name… that name was the result of a temporary agreement btw my parents… n once my dad settled with my name, the earlier one was rejected. Lolzz… that name doesn’t get used by me, except during my visits to temple.


# 2.Childhood dream – Till in School, I wanted to be a veterinary doctor. But when I reached 12th n was preparing to give the entrance exam, my dad rejected my decision. I didn’t give up so easily, there used to be daily dramas those days but then I finally gave up. Didn’t seem to have had a choice. But what has happened has happened… whats the use in scratching the healed wound again.


# 3.A person I can’t live without - My brother! The one and only person in the world whom I hate like hell n love like hell! I can’t imagine a day without him… a dear darling who fights with me when I want him to, who pampers me when I want him to n who loves me more than he loves himself! Love u bro!


# 4.My Holiday destinations – I have traveled intensively through out the country in the 20 years of my being on planet earth. Excluding the union-territories, there are a few states that I have never been to n they r JK, Himachal, MP, Orissa, Bihar n West Bengal … other than these I have been to all the places in India… whats the use of my dad working in Railways if not even that… hee.. hee…


# 5.Furture Planning – well… as far as I have planned, I will finish off with my Master’s degree by next year n will be appearing for ‘NET’ exam which will qualify me for PHD degree. Once I crack that, I can start off with my PHD n after working for 1 or 2 yrs forming the base of my thesis, I can then start working as a lecturer n do PHD as a part-time which will enable me to get the Doctorate degree by 2016 at max! Once that’s done… life will be so easy… I might start off a dance n music school at the later phase of my life… if I get hand on a ‘richy rich’ n he agrees to sponsor me :D


# 6.Happiest moment – As of now… hmm… hmmm…. Yeah ought to be last year’s Rakhi, when my brother gifted me a Gold ring that he bought from his salary… it brought tears to my eyes n since that day till today, I never took it off from my finger :)


# 7,Embarrassing momentOkk… this one happened in my college fest in 2006. I was the VP of my dept fest… on the D-Day, everything was well prepared… I reached college very early that day to monitor each n everything myself. As far as my eyes went, things were perfect. The function was to begin with our short n sweet princi’s speech n he was to invite the chief-guest for the ‘lamp lighting’ ceremony. It so happened that when he called out for that, with our dept President behind him with the lighted candle… our princi yelled out seeing the lamp’s wick a used one. Err!!! That moment was like err!!!! We had brought 2 packets of new wicks that day but forgot to change that with the old once. That was surely not the way I had wanted the fest to begin. It was damn embarrassing with all the department’s HOD n other teachers present in the hall… n later on when proff’s came advising us to take care not to repeat such mistakes again, it was still more embarrassing.


# 8.My Biggest Achievement – The transition from school to college, wasn’t easy for me. I still don’t know where I went wrong but I scored very badly in my 1st year. I had got 74% while most of the class was in the 80’s range. Thought I was disappointed with my performance, I didn’t lose heart thanks to the encouragement I got from my family n friends. After putting a hell lot of efforts in 2nd yr… seriously, I worked damn hard, I scored 85% in 2nd yr… 11% improvement is sure a BIG DEAL. But still I hadn’t reached 80% as agg… so I worked harder n ended up scoring 90% in my 3rd yr..!! 74 to 90… isn’t it a big achievement???


# 9.Best time of the day – Evening 5-6… when I go for a walk in Lodhi Gardens… no I don’t run or walk to burn my fabs… rather I walk slower than I normally do coz I go to the gardens to spend some time with myself. It feels like heavens… walking slowly on the wet grass bare foot with my ear-phone playing my favorite tracks in my ears… ! This is not the usual of new-year resolutions, which starts off well but ends in its first week of formation. Rather it didn’t start off at all in the first month but it’s a routine now :)


# 10.My idea of a perfect Sunday – No early morning alarm… whenever I get up, a hot cup of coffee with newspaper… then maybe a face-pack, manicure, pedicure session… if winters then a really hoooooot water bath n if summers, damnnn cold water baths… cucumber n cheese sandwich with another cup of coffee… then perhaps 3-4 hours online chatting leisurely with my friends… maybe chole bature or similar stuff for lunch… a good n peaceful afternoon nap… a gol-gappa session with my family in a chat-stall… a good evening walk… back home, ludo match… n then winding up with Manchurian n chowmine, made by me…. !!! Gosh!! Wat a perfect idea!


# 11.My kindda music – Soft… melodious n meaningful. I love Kishore Kumar’s n Rahman’s composition… all time fav being ‘Bombay Theme’… I adore the Pakistani Band ‘Fuzon’.


# 12.My friendlistAm proud to say that I have people who will stand by me whenever I call them. Right from a bunch of my school friends to college mates to Net-friends… Probably the one good thing I have learnt well from life is how to make friends.


# 13.A proud moment – Without a second thought, it was when I was appointed the ‘Head Girl’ of the school… it was a moment! I was on cloud 9 that day!!!


# 14.My favorite picture … this one I have in my mobile as background n screen saver.





# 15.My present ring-tone – For my family its d tamil version of “Dil hai chota sa”,Roja; For a few college friends its “Dhoom 2-title track”; in general its “Marjawa”,Fasion; N for a few others its “Jane tu mera kya hai”,Jane tu ya jane na.


# 16.My fav book – As of now there isn’t any, but there was a time when I used to go crazy over Nancy Drew… I had made a separate shelf for that book in my library… have read the complete series.


# 17.Weirdest thing I have done – I will say it will be my participation in the Miss. Fresher’s contest in M.Sc. first year… I was shocked to find myself doing a ramp walk in front of 500 people!


# 18.My inspiration – Mom! Anytime! I wish I can be like her one day… she is dynamic!


# 19.A thing to share – I fast every Thursday… started off as fun following a proverb ‘Fast for Rich, Feast for Poor’… I tht I come under the Rich category in that context. Very soon it became a routine n now it doesn’t seem to be any Big Deal!


# 20.Best Passtimes – These days… Blogging!


# 21.One regret – I have missed out lot of fun element in my life so far coz basically am a serious person. Am trying to take things lightly so that I don’t go on missing further…


# 22.Secret Desire – Hush! Hush!! It’s a secret… I wanna grow up with Jet-Speed… so that am not treated as a kid by anyone!


# 23.Most cherished moment of my life – My Didi’s marriage… I enjoyed it like she herself wouldn’t have… I got 5 dresses for myself for that occasion n I was there everywhere during the function.


# 24.My fav post on my blog… ‘thanksgiving’ least expected myself to write that!


# 25.Hurreeey!! I reached the end. A bad habit - I never listen to anyone… in the sense that I hear everyone but never listens!!! I do just what I have decided and anybody asking me not to do that always gets disappointed. Let that be my parents… teachers… or friends!


With that I have come to an end of this lovely journey! It took a hell lot of time, Believe me! But I guess its worth it… so now I need to tag a few ppl…


Neha – there u go girl! Try putting up things which I don’t know. Would be fun reading…. http://idontlykblogging.blogspot.com


Karthick – He posted a pending tag recently much similar to this… do get a sneak-peak, he has written abt me too ... hee... hee... http://karthickspeaks.blogspot.com


I guess all others r already tagged, so no point tagging them again….


Anybody interested can take it up… just put up ur link in the comments so that I can peep in :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how you got yourself 25 headers to write about! I took a week when I did this one!! Its tough when we sit down to think about ourselves..! Nice one..I liked your futuristic planning! Amen to that! :)
To the gal who thinks 74% is a bad score, hats off!! :D

neha said...

the best one was ur idea of a perfect sunday, kya imagination hai! kabhi aisa sunday aaya teri life mein?
aur miss sukanya...hume nahi bataaya??!! ab se ill call u suku! (lolzz)
i cant blieve tu lodhi garden me chalne jaati hai...uss tym ke andar tu apna syllabus ek aur baar complete kar sakti hai..do u realize that???

Shruti Narayanan said...

@ Sree - yeah it took me much longer than it generally takes, i worked on it 4 hrs at a stretch. but it was fun ;) well 74% is a bad score when u r used to scoring abt 85 in school.

@ Neha - nahi re.. exactly esa sunday nahi aaya.. but every sunday list mein se kuch-na-kuch zaroor hota hai :) u dare not call me like that. i prefer shruti anytime! lolzz... MSc ka sylabus cant b completed in an hour so i guess itna toh chalta hai hee.. hee...

Karthick said...

I thought sukanya meant - Happy girl..poor Sanskrit i guess

2016 for ur doctorate??Ya hope for ur richie rich to get u sponsored,all the best on tat,

U dont want to take long drive with ur richie rich on a sunday ..??


Guess u look more like ur dad...and bro like ur mom..


Who said not listening is a bad habit, an optimistic way of looking about it would be ur nurturing individuality..lol..

gd one buddy..


good one.

Adisha said...

Great to know more about u :) A totally insightful blog about you. The headers were really good and the justifications even better :D I loved your attachment with ur bro, since I have the same. Only in my case, I'm the elder one. You Do seem to be a serious person :) but with sparkles of sweetness all around you :) GOod that you've recognized ur weaknesses and taken up a a decision to change them and embarrasment :) well, that's part of life !!!

And a special thankyou for reading my posts and letting me know what you think about then ... :)

cheers,
adisha

Shruti Narayanan said...

@ Karthick - ya by 2016 at max but i guess i can finish by 2014. Long drive shouldn't be a prob if he let me drive at-least half way.. lol.. yup yup am my dad's girl n bro is a mamma's boy ;) n thanks for showing the optimistic side of my 'bad habit' lolzz... u will realize y i called that a 'bad habit' very soon!

@ Adisha - yeah since this tag was to be put up in the blog, i tried my best to write all abt myself :) since my bro is just an yr n a half elder to me, i take the liberty to treat him like the younger one ;)... thanks for that compliment... made me blush :)

it was fun reading ur blog... u seem to b 'my kindda' person. guess its d zodiac side-effect we share :D

CRD said...

u gonna do a PHD! How cool istht? Another intelligent blogger! Makes me proud about being a blogger! :)

also makes me feel like a black sheep in the fold :P

I love Fuzon tooo!!! Too bad the vocalist Shafqat left the band. The new singer Rameez was good in "Neend Na Aaye"..but he still aint good enuff.

I too would love to enjoy sundays the way u do..alas..hardly find time nowadays :(

I have a huge friendlist too, atleast on orkut. But actually, in real life, i find it too exhausting to make too many friends. Maybe coz i give too much importance to friends.

Nice Reading. Hope u never stop blogging

Cheers
CRD

Suzie said...

A really good post . i cant really think of 25 things to write about myself though. I wonder are u happy doing something completely different from what thought for yourself( a vet that is )

Unknown said...

Yaar it’s really difficult to write 25 things about oneself, but I must say you have successfully passed your exam with flying colours. Truly, very good composition with proper expressions. Sooooooo Oscar awards for the best blog of the year goes to Prof. Shruti Mukundan done advanced research in thin film technology. Suku jai ho!!! Ho ha Ho ha.

Waise in my opinion, your childhood dream is very strange. Yaar, nobody wants to be a vet doc at the age of 8 years.

Achaa tu toh apne bhai se bahut ladti hai!!! Nahi nahi joking yaar. You are really a loving and caring sis.
Hmmmm Hmmmm Sukanyaaaaaaaa “Ayye Ayye yaa likhoon mein kya suku suku”.

Waise in embarrassing moment, you should write your dance with Aveek. Haa haa…

From

Ho ha Ho ha

Shruti Narayanan said...

@ CRD - lol.. i personally feel that one needn't b intelligent to do a PhD. being hardworking wil do no less good :) oh great. its a lovely band. my favs r tere bina, mora saiyaan n ankhoon ke sagar. amazing songs!! takes u to a new world!! lolzz.. i never knew guys like to spend their sundays doing manicure n pedicure.. lol... this is a new thing am learning... making frds become exhausting?? watever...

anyways am sure i wil never stop blogging unless blogger stops me.. hee hee...

@ sushan - ya my stream is different from what i tht for myself but then, am loving wat am doing :) its not that bad!

@ Ayu - sanak gaye hai kya?? beta tu kal mil mujhe bus mein... tere toh main vaat lagatee hoon. itna ajeeb dream bhi nahi tha. it wil make another post if i start explaining y i wanted to b a vet.. u can check up prev post "Green z divine" but if u still dont get hints, i wil explain to u in person.

Anonymous said...

you made it look easy :)
justice done :)
that was really nice..knowing ya comrade :)

Anonymous said...

wow you can write so much info!!! great answers.

NeoDharmar said...

Good that you got tagged. Nice compilation really. How on earth can 74% be a bad score??? (when even half of it is considered a pass mark). You imagined something and got that life in words, I mean, the narration part is done beautiful. But one post per month seems a poor ratio. I hope you come up with more stuffs like these soon. :)