Thursday, July 2

Over thinking??



I recently noticed mine getting more n more philosophical these days… a new passion of decoding the essence of life has taken up on me from sumwhere… am constantly asking myself questions on ‘life’ n distributing free advises to all those interested/not-interested… am kinda getting lost amidst studies… of course the blame completely goes to my brain affected by the ‘over thinking syndrome’.

It so happened that a few days back in my coaching class, Sir gave a mathematics question which asked us to prove a ‘certain expression’ as wrong. No big deal, it was a easy question but then sumone from back murmured, “its so easy to prove sumthing is wrong but so tough to prove sumthing is right”. I just couldn’t come out of that thought. Talking of mathematical questions, proving an expression as right or wrong are like ‘pet’ questions. When asked to prove a question is wrong, there r so many ways of doing it but then to prove a question is right, there exist only one fixed method.

When I applied the same philosophy to Life, I was amazed to notice the analogy. It happened so many times with me. I tend to get too critical on people n can go on proving everyone wrong. Maybe one reason y I hardly get impressed by anyone. I don’t do it purposely but then I don’t know y I notice all the negative points first. Whenever I meet anyone, by default my eyes will notice if the shoes r polished, if nails r clean, if dress is pressed… at-times I need to remind myself that am not a school principal but a normal college going student!

Every second new person I meet will come under the category of “not my type” for me. Am not a big time socialite but then yeah I don’t leave my people so easily. Its “Once a friend, always a friend” for me but then only a few who cross all the filtration process get the label of ‘friend’. I can do anything for my friends. Anytime! Anywhere! Call me n I’ll b there… that’s what I always say n do. But then even friends get irritated of my getting into small small details n doing their critical analysis. Well of course there do exist a category of people around me who think am too rude n harsh n insensitive when I tell them on their face bluntly that I don’t approve their acts. So easy to disapprove!!

We meet so many people everyday sumwhere or the other, y is it that not everyone is our friend? I mean no one in this world is ever ‘Bad’ so as to say… but then if everyone is good, what is stopping them from entering the friend list? Am I the only one in this world facing this thing? Certainly not! Am sure everyone faces this… sometimes we know for sure that the other person will turn out to be very good friend of ours but still sumthing inhibits. I have disapproved so may like that… to quote an example, I would say Neha, the first day I met her in my under grad college, I completely disapproved her but then as time passed n her goodyness n strong personality surfaced, I realized how wrongly I judged her. Probably impulsive decisions can be a cause of not ‘everybody’ being our friend… but yeah all relationships demand ‘time’ n the more u give that, the more strongly the relationship bonds. Perhaps this is the secret behind ‘arranged marriages’… two complete strangers spending life together… uff!! Not ‘this’ topic again !

Judging others… how much is this act justified? Who are we to say if a person is right or wrong… who r we to say if we ourself do right things or wrong things… but then what decides? A mathematical expression can be easily solved n verified for being right or wrong but what about the ‘acts’ we perform in our life? Who is gonna judge that?? For me, what ever I do, is right! I can give 1000000 justifications for my act… millions n trillions of reasons… stupid idiotic senseless arguments… I can go on n on… but I don’t give an ear to others when they do the same for their acts. Stubbornness? Maybe… proudy… attitude problem… call whatever… that is what I am n am right ;)

In Physics, we have this thing called the ‘special theory of relativity’ given by my ever-green crush Mr. Einstein… according to which if an ‘observer’ is sitting on a tree n watching a train moving with uniform velocity, then for that observer the train is moving, but if that very observer is sitting inside that train, then for him the tree is moving. (If u don’t know physics, read d above lines again to understand!) Now neither of the observers is wrong. Its just their ‘frame of reference’ is different. When the observer sitting on the tree says the train is moving n the observer sitting in the train says that the tree is moving, neither is wrong n this fact is right!
Same is the scenario in all the arguments n discussions that we do. Sumtimes what seems wrong to us will seems right if we consider the situation from other frame of reference. As a matter of fact, all that is categorized as ‘wrong’ in life can be made ‘right’ if we just change our perception! Ah! so easy to write n say… but d applications part is so tough!!

15 comments:

Adisha said...

I guess it's natural dear... when you meet someone you get a Vibe. It's like a chemical reaction. No two components when mixed will give the same reaction but sometimes, when kept together over time, they mix surprisingly well :)

Whatever you've said is very true ... All of it happens and is part of life, but as long as you realize that haste is wrong , you are fine and sure to meet the rainbow of all charachters life has available to u :)

NeoDharmar said...

Very happy to find someone maintaining the same equilibrium of thinking and arriving at no particular conclusion like me. You couldn't have given a better name than Over thinking syndrome'. The more we, sort of, think, the more problems we are rendered with. We usually see things only from our side, whereas sparing a thought abt others is very less. This is where the problem usually arises!
Lovely write up.

'A good listener is not only a good speaker, but at the end of the day, knows something more.' Keep posting more.

Cheers,
Gopsay

Karthick said...

May be this what makes our lives ever so interesting , not everyone we come across is our caricature of our mind, and life can never be digitized in 0s and 1s ,life is always the old style analog.
The point is even i notice so many things about a person but the important lesson as u have learnt already,the first impression need not always be the last impression,That`s the case in so many of my best friends, they were so totally out of bound when i first met them,only to find that we would grow up like nail and flesh.

And ofcousre as usual liked the physics mantra of relativity begin applied by the crazy physicist,
Its always so interesting the way u try to apply what to learn back to life,way to go.

Good work Physicist!!(crazy)

Shruti Narayanan said...

@ Adisha - hee hee a semi-scientific comment on a semi-scientific post ;)

@ Gopsay - i didnt quite get a conclusion... there wasnt anything to conclude as such.. just flow of thoughts poured on a page :) thanks 4 d comments!

@ Karthick - from princess to physicist... guess i have come a long way already :) life old style analogue.. now thats sum science + philosophy :D

Comfortably Numb said...

I don't agree to the first part of the text. I somewhat feel that the middle part is acceptable. And I totally agree to the last part.

Fun to read :)

Cheers!

angel from heaven said...

Sometimes opposites attract and sometimes it pays to agree to disagree.What ever we do in life there will always be a good way and bad way and there is no set right way or wrong way.
What is right for one may not necessarily be right for someone else.So one should always follow what they think is right for them and leave the rest to their own devices.

angel from heaven said...

P.S
Thanks for dropping by my blog added you to my blogroll.Hope its ok with you.

http://cutestangel.wordpress.com/

CRD said...

what you've written is true.

Its not that we let only "good'people into our lives, but we let in ppl who we deem fit , and who we feel are as accepting of us as we are of them. I for example make frnds only wid ppl who i feel will remain frnds forever. We do take note of ppl's bad points, but we choose to ignore them as long as we're frnds. Notice how we start pointing out their faults only after a fall out.

Cheers
CRD

Shruti Narayanan said...

@ comfortably numb - didnt quite get how u divided it into 3 parts but thanks for going thru d three parts patiently :)

@ angel - righto.. cant agree less...

p.s. y would i ever mind that? hee hee.. thanks for the honor!!

@ CRD - ignoring bad points.. well i havent learnt that yet but am sure the growing up process wil teach me that soon!!

Jack said...

Shruti,

All of us have some good points and some weak points. It is upto us to make a person deliver with his or her potential of strong points and should render help to him or her to overcome weak points. And this could be done discretely not bluntly or harshly. Friendships or relationships with working persons are not on gain basis but on long term basis. Good example of train and tree. It is so true.

Take care

Ham Actor said...

Perceptions may differ according to circumstances but the fact remains the same. A person will be known / remembered for his / her convictions. So think that you are moving with the velocity of train ;) Nice thought and flow.

neha said...

Why dont ur new posts come as updates on my blog??

Anyway, i am wondering how many evergreen crushes do u have...Rahul Bose, Einstein...the world is getting greener!

The overthinking syndrome u r suffering from has been a chronical disease for me...so dont worry babes!

Shruti Narayanan said...

@ Jack - so true.. i do try not to get too harsh... but then.. okk no excuses this time. i wil try, thats the best thing i can say.

@ Siva - thanks thanks. am sorry didnt get time to get back to u.. seems u have been spending a lot of time on my page. am just lazing around.. wil get back to u soon!!

@ Neha - ops! i dont know, i get urs on my home page. mayb u can try removing me from following n then adding again... hee hee.. just one more name left in that list. n by god's grace that wil b leaked out sooner ;)

♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ said...

hey, nice blog you got here! :)

and as for judging people, i strongly believe in it. by judging, its not whether a person is right or wrong. its just saying hes a this-this-this sort of person, take it or leave it.. that way, if people judge you, you wont feel that bad either..

Tall Guy said...

Its good to contemplate on thoughts but take care that they don't over do it.

In any given kind of situation, its the point of view that you hold determines what is right and what is wrong.

I believe judging people is in our (human) nature but we should take care that we don't judge everyone on the first impression, cause there is always more to it.

Totally agree with the last part, but very few people understand and realize it :)