Monday, June 15

Beat D Heat !

The following is my Entry for the contest in Bloggeratti (Orkut community) given the topic "Summer-heat"

With still 24 hrs left for the dead-line, I didn't want to make a last minute entry. I wasn't planning to participate coz sumhow I wasn't managing to get enough time for the thought process but then my mom says 'Participating is half victory'. N i didnt want to lose without participating, so here goes my scribbling....


A summary of the "cool" "cool" things I do in summers, a few reasons y I love summers!!


Lying on momma’s lap,

Eating curd-rice from her hands

Waking up dad, 1 at night,

Demanding for ice-cream.


Pouring ice-water on bro,

To giggle seeing him crying

Wishing he would do the same,

Unfortunately he is too lame.


Standing below the shower,

Playing splash-splash with little drops

Till mom warns to break the door,

If I don’t rush out.


Mango shake, the best breakfast

Dad gets dozens for me!

Lemon and orange juices

Works wonder to beat the heat.


Rushing outta house in the morn,

As usual forgetting the sun-screen

Pledging not to repeat the mistake again,

But then the same routine.

Going zip zap zoom in car

Adoring, admiring n praising Delhi roads

Loud music and full on speed

Overtaking the bikers are thrill indeed!


Talking to the dear pink lilly,

In the name of gardening.

Watering n taking its care,

Loving to see it smile at me!


Struggling to cut the water-mellon

With a small little knife.

Amazed to see it getting disappeared,

But I kept it pending for tmrw night!


Going to garden for evening walks,

In loose tees n tracks

Noticing the number n kinda guys following

Ofcourse without their knowing.


Passing sarcastic smile,

On the stupidities that people do

Wearing goggles while driving cars

To guys in pink t-shirts posing to be cool!


Sleeping with AC on

Winters were never so cool

With the Prince Charming walking hand in hand,
In the cool cool heavenly dreamland ;)



P.S. @ other Contestants , am very sorry I didn't go through any of the entries but I had my own reasons:

1. I didn't want any influential shadows in my work
2. I seriously didn't get time!!


But I promise to peep in all those entries b4 results r out :)

10 comments:

Jack said...

Shruti,

Nice one. Hope you win.

Take care

PS : Have you visited my recent post?

Unknown said...

Very vivid imagery!
I assure you even I wouldn't be able to come up with something like this... each person has his/her own forte. The major virtue of this is its adorable simplicity!

Good luck to you too!

Adisha said...

I for one, thoroughly enjoyed the fact that you put everything about the summer in such an amazingly, cute summary :)

CRD said...

very smple summary of things ppl actually do in summer.

noticing guys looking at you and keeping a count??? so who was it tht was staring, you or them? :P

Cheers
CRD

Shruti Narayanan said...

@ Jack - thanks for the comments


@ Sagar - tru tru... n this is what we learn to appreciate in such competitions... when u get to c so many write-ups on one topic that too so vastly different ideas... loving this blog world with each passing day!!

@ Adisha - so sorry for not checking urs still... studies taking al the time! wil check up soon n thanks!

@ CRD - lol i dont stare... just notice the stares ;)

Karthick said...

Wow!! Never read a poetry of urs, a hot summer poetry was certainly cool,really maintained the theme of the content and rhyming very well!! kudos yaar, all the best of the contest!!

angel from heaven said...

simple but effective.

http://cutestangel.wordpress.com/

The Vitruvian Boy said...

Good one.... :)

"Goggles while driving cars..." :D

All the best for the contest... :)

Shruti Narayanan said...

Thanks everyone.. lost the contest but won a badge :D

Hope to participate in more such contest n win more badges ;)

Sorcerer said...

hey!!! nice one..
I missed out on the contest ; cuz i was busy(or pretending to be).
lovely!!!

update your blog re.