Friday, June 2

Magic show ;)

This is for u Didi...........



My cousin sis was in 17 and I was 10 when she came to my house for her vacations. I had a fancy for her always and used to revolve around her... she was my world and I adored her. She was/is my role-model and I used to follow her where-so-ever she went. One evening she left for a shop to check her mail… I blinked twice thinking y she is going to a shop to get her mail … as far as I know mails come home or to the post-office… where did a shop come to picture?? But who cared… all I did was to follow her as always. V reached the shop. I saw lotssa computers lined up neatly and the place was pretty crowded. There was a poster outside with the words “Rs.20 per hour”. My sis looked at me and said “u have an ID?” I said “Didi I have 5th class ID card but I vl get my 6th class ID card in a week!” my cousins still repeat this line when ever we meet and I go PINK!!! She paid 40 bugs and made me sit in front of a computer. She opened a game and said “sit and play”!!! play?? Ofcourse I was sitting right next to my sis… my eyes on her computer… lol… couldn’t help that!! She typed “hey I reached Delhi… my small sis behind me as always… they don’t have an internet connection at home so I am in a café.. etc.etc.” there were replies coming in!!! Someone from the other side was typing something and it was displayed in the monitor. MAGIC!! Is someone there sitting behind the computer??? If there is someone, then y not behind my computer??? That game my sis opened was untouched for an hour. I understood that the place am sitting is not a shop, it’s a café.

After a week she had to go again. She tried escaping when I was sleeping but since I was holding her tight, I knew when she moved and she had to take me! Same café but this time I said I vl sit with her so 20 bugs saved, v got ice-cream for that later :) I want to learnt that and I want an ID!!! She clicked internet explorer… I was standing next to her, finger crossed eagerly watching…she typed
www.yahoo.com and created my ID!! Wow! I have and ID!!! Then she did that same job as she did a week before. I was lost in my dream world celebrating the fact that I have an ID now!!! Didn’t even bothered to watch that “magic show”. Believe it or not, for two years I didn't knew what to do with that ID but I was rejoicing over the fact that I have an ID!!! I gave my ID to everyone… school friends… cousins… y not! After all I have an ID now.

In a year after the creation of my ID, v got an internet connection at home and an year later when my sis came to my house I proudly announced “Didi u don’t have to go to that café now. V have internet connection at home!”. She asked me if I check my ID. “Check?? But u never said that!!” She blinked and asked what I did with my ID and my stupid answer was “announced to everyone!!”. I bet she would have slapped me for that but she didn’t after all I adored her so much. Where vl she get a fan like me ever again! She couldn’t have possibly lost me u c.. so she taught me to check the ID and when she logged in, she announced that the ID expired! I was in the ocean of tears…. Tears tears everwhere... she said she vl make another one and I was astonished and said “another one! Really Didi.. u mean u can do it? Can u? Oh am so glad. Didi u r the best! Thank u so much.” So my great sis made another ID for me and this time she taught me to check the ID. I mailed her daily from that day and she used to reply daily. Nothing much many times just a hi hello but at least something daily. I announced about this incredible e-mail stuff in school and the fever spread… I created ID for my friends and we all started mailing each other daily that too just after returning home from school where we had spent good 6 hrs together!!

Soon messenger was downloaded and I could do the “magic show” myself!!! I started chatting with my sis of course. Daily morning a good morning message… breakfast details… lunch… school stuff… homework… evening games… xtra curricular… dinner… ice-cream… everything. I could tell her everything and I was glad!! Then one day I came to know about “chat rooms”. Real real bad experiences initially!! Poor me… didn’t knew what is ASL?!!!!!! First question everyone put up… “ASL pls”. Then my sis came to rescue as usual. She gave me a long list of abbreviations that r used for chatting. I sincerely memorized all and then started my chatting session… going on… and on…. And believe me an really thankful to my sis for introducing me to this world. My sis is now married and is in US and she now got a baby boy who is one yr old. She is always online now coz she got a free internet connection there and each day before going to sleep I don’t forget to buzz her and thank her for creating my ID!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shruti...really a very good article...I mean I like the simplicity of the article. I guess while reading this article....I was lost in my first internet experience!!! Keep going.

Anonymous said...

Hey Shruti...really a very good article...I mean I like the simplicity of the article. I guess while reading this article....I was lost in my first internet experience!!! Keep going.

Anonymous said...

you have an amazing power of expression and command over the language. i am not blind.

Karthick said...

well you know something when I first got to touch a computer , I guess it was in my sixth grade computer lab session , I could`t sleep the entire night with that excitement ringing in my mind.

Unknown said...

ohhh sooo cute.seriously yaar the way you have expressed ur fellings is really cute n innocent.means when ur didi asked u have an id, u proudly said
i have 5th class id.wow.really very very very cute.