Saturday, June 24

Balle Balle !!



Am back from Punjab just a few days ago so thought of just writing down the experience of the trip! Sardars were my all time favorites !! 90% of jokes in India are Sardar jokes and in America, blonds r the poor victims!! I always felt “y only Sardars always???” for this my dad once told me a story...

'It so happened once that there was a Sardar’s meeting and all Sardars were discussing on why its always them, the poor victims?? They came to know that there is a guy Mr.Jhonson in America, who write jokes on Sardas and distribute that. So these people decided in that conference that they will go and ask Mr.Jhonson directly as of why he makes fun of Sardars?? But then they thought that (yeah they can think!!) its not possible for all of them to go so they elected a representative.. Mr.Banta Singh. So one fine day Banta Singh got ready to leave to America and all the Sardars were there in the airport to see him off and to wish him luck! Now our Banta Singh landed safe and next day went to meet Mr.Jhonson who was glad to receive him. After some general talks, Banta Singh came to the point and asked Mr.Jhonson, “what is ur problem with my community and y do u always make fun of us??” for this Mr.Jhonson smiled and said, “Banta Singh ji, I will stop making jokes on if u can answer my question!”. Ofcourse our hero agreed confidently and the question asked was “in my house there are four people, my wife, my son and my daughter are 3 of then. Who is the fourth person??” now this zapped up Banta Singh. He didn’t knew so he asked permission to discuss it with his frds and came back to India and put up the same question “in my house there are four people, my wife, my son and my daughter are 3 of then. Who is the fourth person??” Now all Sardars r thinking … harder … harded … but they don’t know! Finally after 1 week of serious thinking when they didn’t get the answer, they sent back Banta Singh to find out the answer and to accept their defeat. With a very heavy heart our Bantaji left for America and apologized to Mr.Jhonson for bothering him. But before leaving he asked for the answer and Mr.Jhonson said that the fourth person was “him” (pointing to himself). Now when Banta Singh comes back to home sweet home, a meeting was called and when he was asked the answer, he said that the “fourth person is Mr.Jhonson”!!'

Anyways jokes apart. I think Sardars r very lively people. I met lot of them in my trip and I heard them making fun of themselves! I was there for just 4 days and in that short span of time I could make 3 frds in the neighborhood. Something which is impossible in a place like Delhi!! I went to Ludhiana to my relatives place mainly because one of my relative was not doing well …so I couldn’t possibly roam about much other than the nearby places … I wanted to go to Amritsar but didn't get time for that. Ludhiana in specific is very famous for hosiery and shoes!! The roads r so wide and neat that it really is a joy ride there! Mainly because they got lot of industries there so I think the transportation is so important that they give importance to roads. In Delhi trucks r allowed only at night I think after 10 or something… but there trucks rule the roads. I didn’t c much of buses too! All the buses there were for inter-state only like from Ludhiana to Patiala or Jalandar etc. etc. but within Ludhiana people use shared auto rikshaw.

Food was another attraction!! The local dhabha’s made tandoori roti… and the tandoori parantas… yummy!!! A big glass of lassi after the roti and dal… simple food but it was mind blowing!! Yeah there r Mc.D and Pizza hut and other resto’s in the malls but still nothing like the dhabha ka khanaa atleast for the tourist! I know coz I traveled nearly 1 hr to reach the dhabha!! The malls r pretty happening place for youth and was really crowded when I went!! I heard a lot about the jalandar university there but didn't get time to check out the campus!! Another thing that practically shocked me (embarrassed too!!) was the fact that girls there don’t really like to wear jeans still… I mean I was carrying my jeans and t-shirts only coz it was a casual trip and I wasn’t sure if I vl get time to visit gurudwara’s and all so I thought salwar kameez wont be needed!! But where ever I went, I found my self the odd one out coz hardly I actually mean hardly 2% of the girls population wore jeans all others were wearing salwar kameez only!! But finally just a day before I left, I got a new set of salwar kameez for myself so that at-lest one day I can be like them. So all my dear friends (for girls) keep in mind that if u r going to Punjab do carry ur salwar kameez!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm.punjab gayi thi kudiye.haan yaar amritsar is very clean city.I have never been there but i got to know from my cousin.khana khana toh punjab's biggest asset.yaar pic toh badi cute hai.I really liked u started with a really good joke n den continued.goody goody