Monday, June 5

~ Broken cage ~

I wrote this poem during my school farewell, year 2005 … my friends say this is my best work! I think they say that coz the situation was so sentimental that they liked it so much. I wrote this with my heart… and when I read this out to my friends, they actually enjoyed each and every word… even the last 2 paragraphs :) School days were the best always!!


~ Broken cage ~


Remembering the lovely past,
The time ran away really fast.
Remembering those gone by days,
A bright future we will now face.

Moving out from school,
Like moving to sea from a pool.
A caged bird left to fly,
In the open and vast sky.

Indeed the protection is lost,
Can’t get it back at any cost.
Work day and night,
To fly far and wide like a kite.

Not repeating past mistake,
Rectify the destined fate.
Search for hidden talents,
Shine like a star in this planet.

Leaving the past behind,
With determination and confidence in mind.
We all will move ahead,
To reach the desired end.

May the almighty up there,
Bless us all ‘love and care’
May he help us stay in sky,
And give us courage to fly high.

I’ll not miss you my friend,
Because I know we will maintain our friendship till the end,
Do keep in touch and send mails,
Of our friendship you are the sails.

This poem is addressed to you,
Because you are one of that very few,
Who will be cherished in my heart,
Of my school life you were an important part.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Superb poem n superb concept....mam Ur really doing wonders...keep writing!

Story Teller said...

english varadhunu super-ah eludhirukeenga..! good! keep it up!

gnothi seauton said...

hi...il jus give this piece of advice..poems needn necessarily rhyme..al u need is reason :) try free verse..it gives u better scope and depth...sometimes we loose the crux in search of words that rhyme...which will jus dilute wat we have to say..appa gave me this tip...helped me...hope it helps u too..bye..
( PS: www.summa-iru.blogspot.com is my blog...chek out :) )

Anonymous said...

hey shru i know u r very emotional. leave it, poem is fabulous.

CRD said...

nice poem :)

Have u managed to keep in touch wid school mates? I havent. Just 5 or 6 of em. But i aint complaining, coz i dint have too many frnds anyway :P

School life wasnt any easier than current life...we've just moved to a different level. The stress and difficulties are a part and parcel of life.

Cheers
CRD