Thursday, May 4

My Big Brother... Satyan



He deserved a separate post!!


Dyslexia! That’s what is the so – called medical disorder my brother suffers from! He is just a year and a half elder to me and 1 year senior to me academically. I was in 2nd class and he in 3rd when I noticed that my brother is not “Normal”… he is not like the other brothers who teach their small sisters to count. Rather he is the one who himself don’t know how to count! He is not “Normal”… but why is he so? Whom to ask? Mom was always very understanding and could read my mind with ease... she told me... yeah! Ur brother is not “Normal”... he is “Different”... he is “Special”! I marked those words... he is “Special”! He really is! Mom is a working lady but more than her office she was present either in home or in school coz my brother... as people called him... is “Abnormal”!!! I remember when I understood things then I decided to be his elder sister and guide him! I used to ensure mom that I vl take care of him and persuade her to go to office during summer vacations and in her absence would teach him how to count, read time, how to hold a pencil! Gosh! How glad I was when he could draw a circle for the first time!!! When v used to cross the roads, he used to hold my hands so tightly that his nails would pierce through my skin and my hands would bleed! But now when I see him lecturing me about how to walk on roads... well… I just Smile!!!


We were in the same school together since 1st class. There was once a picnic announced when I was in 4th and that was for both 4th and 5th class. In my class I was appointed the in charge of the troop… so glad was I… always loved acting like a leader... lol... I was just floating in the air coz of that new post when my brother’s class teacher sent a word for me. She said my brother can’t accompany us coz no one can take his responsibility... Not even me!!! I cried like hell non – stop for a week... still crying remembering that day! I rushed home... took a bat and started hitting my brother and he was there... no reaction... I thought what an “Insane” he is!!! I was so upset coz I knew I can’t go without him! But my genius parents made it! They said I should go on and they vl bring my brother later, in charge – my parents! After that day many things changed. I don’t think I did a very wrong thing to hit my brother that
day coz that one act took away all the ill feelings I had for him and he got back his “Special” position.



Mom and dad really worked hard with him and he passed his 10th and 12th boards in first attempt! Much much to my surprise!!! When I was in 11th, a trip to Mt.Abu for both 11th and 12th class students was announced and the history repeated! Teachers didn’t allow him and I was the in charge again!!! But my mom – The great! Accompanied us all the way to Mt.Abu. She is the best! Now my bother is so much “Normal” that if I tell people about his past, they will call me “Insane”. All to my parents efforts and determination to bring him up. He is no more “Abnormal” but yeah he is still “Special”. My days of enjoying as his elder sister are over now and now he treats me like I am a small kid!!! He teaches me how to live in this world… lectures me… asks me where I went… cares for me… scolds me…and all I do is Smile!! He gave a card to me on my 16th birthday which touched my soul. The words were….


Sister, when I think about ur most lovable interests, your childlike dreams and fancies and the way you get excited easily over little things, I smile and feel lucky to have a lovely sister, who is as innocent as a little baby, a sister whose tender ways never cease to win a million hearts, a sister who is different, who is the best…. THANK YOU!!


2 comments:

Karthick said...

I just dont have any words to comment for this post, nothing like i have ever read before,You should believe me if i said a couple of tears did roll of out my eyes.I am just so glad that things are so much better now, i dont have any special people immediate to me ,but i could really feel how much it takes to have some one.Your brother really does look like handsome young man now, I wish and pray to god tat he grants him everything in life.
Other day when you said tat your brother calls you as a " good sister" i never realized how much it literally it meant, well your are a great sister.Big kudos to your parents as well, the should be proud of you and him.

I just want to go on..wow..never really moved reading anything like this..boy!!

Unknown said...

seriously,he deserved a separate post.I must say he is also very lucky to have u as his lovable n caring sis.but yaar he is very pure at heart means so innocent so cute so adorable.now about the post hamesha ki tarah straight from ur heart n u always write reality.
keep it up