Thursday, May 4

Green ez Divine.........


















Being a Vegetarian is not all that bad after all………


I used to have a few regular visitors to my garden... they were never alone… always in a small grp of two or three guided by a man. I donno D technical name for that man but I used to call him gopherd... Shepherd for the one with sheep so gopherd for goat... loll... he used to bring some goats to my garden and we both used to pick up the tender most leaves from the plants and feed the goats with those. I loved playing with those heavenly creatures... such tender ears... felt like a very very soft silk cloth of the supreme quality!! That feeble nose... really cute nose they had and they cuddled themselves in my arms when I used to touch their nose. Their eyes had that life! That spirit! When they used to look up at me, I would feel them talking to me saying, “COM’ on! Cuddle me, be close to me. I like u when u come near me and touch my nose. I love to lick u all over the place even when ur mom is standing behind u, fuming!!! I love to see the way u fight with ur mom to play with me... u and me... perfect companions.” They never put weight on their legs and from a distance they would look like a biggg faaaaat pillow balanced on just 4 matchsticks!!! 15 daz one herd and after that a new set. I didn’t knew what happened to them after 15 daz coz I used to be busy befriending the new once...


One day I asked the gophard, “What do u do with those goats after 15 days???” he didn’t answer and never ever came my way again!!! Weird... isn’t it??? Did I ask something wrong??? What??? I was behind my mom’s life for the answer. She had to answer coz she couldn’t run away! She tried her best to avoid the topic but I wouldn’t leave her. Finally one fine day she said that all the goats are killed after 15 days. What?? Killed?? Is it?? Hello!!! No! It can’t be so! Come again!!! Don’t tell me that! Oh my god! U mean it?? Mom! Answer me!!! I know u r always right but did I hear killed??? No mom! Please say I heard something wrong!!! How can anybody be actually so inhuman to kill such heavenly creatures?? They got such cute nose!! Killed??????????????


I always avoided the company of non-veg eaters in a party and all... in school I always had lunch alone. What if anyone there relish chicken in front of me?? School was easy to manage alone but not after that! As the social circle increases, many things r not possible. I don’t understand how anyone can party in the funeral of a chick or a fish or a goat, the one with such a cute nose!! When I see people ordering chicken burger and stuff, I feel like banging my hand on the table and shouting, “ If u really relish these flesh and blood so much then y don’t u cut ur parents into pieces, cook then and eat them away?????!!!!!! They too have flesh, blood and a soul like this chick had!!” but I have learnt to ignore a lot many things... maturity u see!! I now know that it is utter waste of time arguing and explaining things to such heartless... Inhuman creatures... who don’t value a LIFE!! Yeah! That chick, that fish, and that goat (the one with such a cute nose!!) is a LIFE!!!


I wrote this poem when I was in 5th class. Not at all a fine work and I can polish it now but I wanna freeze my childhood innocence with which I tried writing a poem on such a vital topic. One of my most cherished works………


“SELF PITY”


Don’t cut me, cries the trees.
Take mercy on me, pleads the bees.
Don’t hunt me, animals yield.
You can hear this in every field.

Why do we human don’t hear their plead?
Why do we keep our ears sealed?
Why do we pretend to grow trees?
Why do we say we help the bees?


One day a calamity we will face,
The earth will show its new face.
Against us the others will put up a case,
And there is only defeat that we will face.

Please open your eyes,
Do see to their cries.
Learn what is humanity,
Make world a sinless city.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well this article is really good...U know one thing...U have raised or atleast touched the issues which are really close to my heart!!! Keep writing!

Anonymous said...

Nice work!!!
appearantly it seems u ve done a lot of hard work.
keep it up.

Sorcerer said...

hmm...nice work!

Unknown said...

this is really very good work.excellent yaar.when I was in school there was a fultoo fight between me n monica over this topic.she is hard core non veggie.I share the same opinion as u have.but yaar everyone have their taste .its their choice.agreed na