Tuesday, October 31

Daddy's girl !


Letting go - its a whole chapter one has to learn in life and to do it gracefully is an art. I personally have learnt it the hard way but now I have my priorities so crystal clear that it doesn't hurt anymore. I was in middle of work and all of a sudden an old friend calls. One of those friends who has always been there although I couldn't do much for him in return. But then as I opened up with "hey! how have u been?" the voice broke in the other side. It pained. Why good people get hard times and what can we do to help them is something I keep wondering a lot. This friend of mine, sounded helpless after putting his mother in life support. Sometimes very tough situations happens.

Pain of losing parent is hard. I felt it when I signed up for ventilator for my dad. I saw it in my husband's eyes when his mom was diagnosed with cancer. Its like a part of our heart just breaks forever. Its been more than 5 years since I lost Dad... fortunately he got to meet Advik. We were there - me and Advik by his side trying to stop him from going out that day to stay and play with us but god had other plans. He left home saying will be back soon and after 4 days in ICU he couldn't make it. For me, the world came tumbling down to my feet. If not for my husband, I cant imagine living life the way am doing now. He was my dad's decision - he is taking up that role now. 




It wasn't a love marriage for me. My dad told me its the right thing to do and wola! I am happy now. Guys like dear hubby are custom made for people like me to take in so much of drama every single day and still giving back love. He knows am crazy and still loves me and looks out for me. U know the kind of guy with who I need no filters to live with and we are growing stronger 7 years and counting..

If dad could have made it.. he would have certainly pampered the kids especially my baby girl would have gotten things done her way with him. She couldn't get to meet him and she asks me sometimes "amma where is your dad?". I chose not to answer that. I know he is around somewhere. Happy to see me happy. Smiling his way through the heaven seeing the kids grow up each single day. 


0 comments: