Saturday, October 24

Wedding bells

They say that any relationship that last for more than 7 years is there to stay forever... well I started to write about a friend I have had for a very long time now... Poles apart in personalities and with absolutely nothing in common... we made it through more than 20 years now. School friends has always been topping my list of priorities and unlike many people, am happy to be still in touch with my old play mates. Although age and time has made it impossible for us to meet as often as we really want to but still we do pull up a few numbers and catch hold of the gang ever once in a while...

Last week I again got to meet a few of my old friends from School. The grand occasion serving as an excuse for us all to meet was that "Archana is getting married!!". When you know someone so well as I know this little troublemaker... just imagining her getting "Married" "married" gave me goosebumps. She told me I was the first one to be informed about this mile-stony event of her life, well I believe her, knowing perfectly well how much I mean to her. I sit back and smile recollecting so many smiles and tears we have shared over the years. From hating her to be nominated as the class monitor in 6th class to scolding her for scoring badly in Maths in 11th class to being grateful to her for helping my brother with his exams, I recollected more memories than I can every write down on a dairy. 

Archana Srinivasan has always been this tom boyish kindda girl who never listened. Over the time of-course as she grew, she learnt it the hard way and I wished life to be simpler for her. From being a topper till mid school to literally flunking in high school, adolescence really took a hard troll on her. I have seen her falling down the success ladder but its her strong will and the strength of her soul which made her climb it back very gracefully. At times when I see my own life taking me for a roller coaster ride, it's examples like these that makes one believe that happiness is just around the corner and never to give up. A very intelligent and beautiful girl... this girl has helped me without even her knowing that she has. I know she is someone I certainly can count on and an occasional short exchange of words is enough for us to know the well being of the other. Here is a lovely card with beautiful words that she gave me on our school farewell day... yep baby... its been 10 years since then!!



Dear Sweet Bride,

        As you step into this new amazing dreamy phase of your life, here is me wishing from the bottom of my heart that all your sorrows run away and may you embrace each day of your life with a big sweet smile. Having you as my friend has been an adventure not meant to be forgotten and we are gonna stick along for many many more years to come. Of-course I will be standing right next to you on your big day all dressed up and wearing that big smile of mine and constantly winking at you... watching you being taken away by the love of your life. I love you toooo yaar.

2 comments:

Karthick said...

Good to see you back in the space ..Shru..!! :)

Shruti Narayanan said...

Get back to writing Karthick, it will do you good too :)